Skip to main content

Just an ~ Art Journal Page ~

Today's project was made using this week's SCS mix-ability challenge, SCS colour challenge and Mixed Media Mojo challenge.

I recently took one of Roben-Marie Smiths online classes ~ Art Journal Conversion ~.  It was awesome and I highly recommend it.

I'm still pretty new to the mixed media world.  I began last year, and have had limited time to actually work on anything.  Most projects take hours for me to finish.  However, I really enjoy the process and only hope to get better with practice.

Here is how I made my page:
I began by adding water and paint, swirling it around with a brush until I was happy.  I then used a circle stencil and some sprays to add texture.  On the right you can see that I used an alphabet stencil with some Brown ink, and was completely unhappy with it so tried to cover it up.  I used some Gesso in various places to tone things down a bit.


Once I was happy the base, I pondered what to do about that brown area that I really just didn't like.  I ended up using some book print with spray on it to cover most of it.  The various circles were made using molding paste.


To finish my page, I did some doodling, stamping and a bit more texturizing, especially within the circles.  I was actually going to do some journaling in the circle, but it ripped the paper, so I used a stamp instead.


So after pondering more I decided to make some changes.  I think I like this better.  I really disliked the brown stencil peeking out of the book paper circle.  I also felt as though the other circles needed some black oil pastel shading around them.




Thank for stopping by!


Comments

  1. What a great journal page! I love what you did and the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge at Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art journal page. I like seeing your process. I have taken a class with Robin, and I really like her style. Thanks so much for joining the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, I love your journal page!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate

Today's card is inspired by two challenges, Create with Connie & Mary & Hand Stamped Sentiments .  I began on a piece of 3 x 6 Pool Party cardstock.  I really love this tone of blue.  The first layer is Pink Pirouette that has been run through my big shot, using the polka dot embossing folder.  I cut a banner using a piece of Regal Rose patterned paper then stamped it.  I also used some pretty designer paper, cut it into a banner, then added two clear rhinestones.  The center banner was stamped on Whisper White using Basic Grey ink.  I finished this card off with some gorgeous ruffled Pool Party ribbon (gotta get more of this, its amazing), a punched flower with a Rose colored button. Thank you for stopping by!  Alyson  

Two Challenges and an Art Journal Page

Today's project post was made using the Mixed Media Monthly challenge ~ Spray Inks and Mists ~ along with this week's Colour Me challenge. These were the sprays I used to create the background on my canvas paper.   I just sprayed and swirled with my fingers until I was happy. Next, I did some stenciling and stamping in various spots. Once I was happy with that I used molding paste to create the heart and circles.  These were coloured in with the same sprays.  When I was happy with that I did some doodling and shading.  Finally, I added some brown spray around the edges, stamped the sentiment and added some rub-ons. Thank you for stopping by!  Please feel free to leave a comment :)    
This is a set that we will be making at my 'It's Time for Spring' card class.  I chose two challenges for my creation.  The color combo from CR84FN Color Challenge and the sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge . I began my creation on some Whisper White cardstock, then stamped these butterflies using my markers in Only Orange, Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue.  You can hardly see in the photo, but I scorded 10 lines at the bottom and added some glitter. Here are the challenges: Please stop by again soon. Alyson