Skip to main content

Masculine Birthday Card


Today's card was made for two challenges this week.  Colour Me and The Friday Mashup.

My card was based on the monochromatic use of Old Olive over at Colour Me,  along with the masculine theme at The Friday Mash up. I used two Green paper patterns on a Whisper White base.  To this I added a White scallop border & Green burlap ribbon.  My stamped image and sentiment are fixed onto dark Green cardstock followed by some stitching.  To finish it all off I added a cute little Old Olive bow and large halfback pearls.
 

Thanks for dropping!  Please feel free to leave a comment. =)

If you have any questions regarding Stampin’ Up! products, please visit my SU! 24/7 Online Store, or send me am email at papercaketrail@gmail.com.

 ~ Supplies Used ~

Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Whisper White, Green textured, DSP
Stamp Sets: All Holidays, Lovely as a Tree
Tools/Accessories: Sewing Machine, Ribbon, Pearls, Border Punch

Comments

  1. Nice card. Very good guy card. Thanks for playing with The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty I love your use of the Challenge colors and the stitching. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely stunning, masculine stunning! I love everything about it!

    Thank you for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of the trees in black with the green papers drawing the eye in. The stitching around the image panel looks terrific!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrate

Today's card is inspired by two challenges, Create with Connie & Mary & Hand Stamped Sentiments .  I began on a piece of 3 x 6 Pool Party cardstock.  I really love this tone of blue.  The first layer is Pink Pirouette that has been run through my big shot, using the polka dot embossing folder.  I cut a banner using a piece of Regal Rose patterned paper then stamped it.  I also used some pretty designer paper, cut it into a banner, then added two clear rhinestones.  The center banner was stamped on Whisper White using Basic Grey ink.  I finished this card off with some gorgeous ruffled Pool Party ribbon (gotta get more of this, its amazing), a punched flower with a Rose colored button. Thank you for stopping by!  Alyson  
This is a set that we will be making at my 'It's Time for Spring' card class.  I chose two challenges for my creation.  The color combo from CR84FN Color Challenge and the sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge . I began my creation on some Whisper White cardstock, then stamped these butterflies using my markers in Only Orange, Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue.  You can hardly see in the photo, but I scorded 10 lines at the bottom and added some glitter. Here are the challenges: Please stop by again soon. Alyson

Two Challenges and an Art Journal Page

Today's project post was made using the Mixed Media Monthly challenge ~ Spray Inks and Mists ~ along with this week's Colour Me challenge. These were the sprays I used to create the background on my canvas paper.   I just sprayed and swirled with my fingers until I was happy. Next, I did some stenciling and stamping in various spots. Once I was happy with that I used molding paste to create the heart and circles.  These were coloured in with the same sprays.  When I was happy with that I did some doodling and shading.  Finally, I added some brown spray around the edges, stamped the sentiment and added some rub-ons. Thank you for stopping by!  Please feel free to leave a comment :)