Monday, March 17, 2014

Dynamic Duos 94 ~ Black Tie Week ~



I actually made two card using this week's Dynamic Duos challenge.  This week they are looking for projects using Black and More Mustard with the dessert option of dry embossing.  

My first card uses the Whitewash Technique.  I stamped my image using versamark and white embossing powder.  Once heat set, I used White ink to achieve the washed look followed by a little More Mustard ink in the centers.  I stamped the butterfly onto the Kraft paper, then stamped it onto vellum using versamark, followed by Black embossing powder.  Image was trimmed and raised up on pop dots for a 3D look.


My second card using the tulip border embossing folder, flower pot die cut and circle punches.


Thanks for dropping!  Please feel free to leave a comment. =)  
If you have any questions regarding Stampin’ Up! products, please visit my SU! 24/7 Online Store, or send me am email at papercaketrail@gmail.com.


~ Supplies ~

Paper: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Spiced Cake.
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, More Mustard, Garden Green, Versamark.
Stamp Sets: Tiny Tiny Wishes, Happy Flowers, Daisy Thanks.
Tools/Accessories:  White/Black embossing powder, Heat Gun, Die Cuts, Punches, Clear Rhinestones, Pop Dots, Watercolor Pen, Embossing Folder, Big Shot.

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are lovely--I am so happy to see flowers and other growing things (instead of the s*** which is still outside...). The whitewash technique is a great way to soften the intense colour of the mustard ink. I think that card is my fave although the plant pot is cute, too! Thanks for playing along with the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete

See With Your Heart Mixed Media Canvas and Sheet

Today's Projects were made using a 5 x 7 Canvas, 4x6 piece of Watercolour paper, Gelatos, Oil Pastels, Acrylic Paint, Black Sharpie, Di...