Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just an ~ Art Journal Page ~

Today's project was made using this week's SCS mix-ability challenge, SCS colour challenge and Mixed Media Mojo challenge.

I recently took one of Roben-Marie Smiths online classes ~ Art Journal Conversion ~.  It was awesome and I highly recommend it.

I'm still pretty new to the mixed media world.  I began last year, and have had limited time to actually work on anything.  Most projects take hours for me to finish.  However, I really enjoy the process and only hope to get better with practice.

Here is how I made my page:
I began by adding water and paint, swirling it around with a brush until I was happy.  I then used a circle stencil and some sprays to add texture.  On the right you can see that I used an alphabet stencil with some Brown ink, and was completely unhappy with it so tried to cover it up.  I used some Gesso in various places to tone things down a bit.


Once I was happy the base, I pondered what to do about that brown area that I really just didn't like.  I ended up using some book print with spray on it to cover most of it.  The various circles were made using molding paste.


To finish my page, I did some doodling, stamping and a bit more texturizing, especially within the circles.  I was actually going to do some journaling in the circle, but it ripped the paper, so I used a stamp instead.


So after pondering more I decided to make some changes.  I think I like this better.  I really disliked the brown stencil peeking out of the book paper circle.  I also felt as though the other circles needed some black oil pastel shading around them.




Thank for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. What a great journal page! I love what you did and the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with our first challenge at Mixed Media Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely art journal page. I like seeing your process. I have taken a class with Robin, and I really like her style. Thanks so much for joining the Mixed Media Mojo Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, I love your journal page!!

    ReplyDelete

See With Your Heart Mixed Media Canvas and Sheet

Today's Projects were made using a 5 x 7 Canvas, 4x6 piece of Watercolour paper, Gelatos, Oil Pastels, Acrylic Paint, Black Sharpie, Di...