Thursday, April 3, 2014

cQc # 235 ~ Get Well Soon ~


Today is Thursday, but for me it's Friday.  Being a shift worker means that your days are always mixed up.  After a long and busy evening, I happened to get a call back at 2:30 am.  Its a horrible time to wake, your groggy and nauseous, and along with that I have a 45 minute drive both ways; yuk, I know.  So, today I have to do it all over again, minus the callback (I hope).

Today's card was inspired by a card from the CardMaker magazine. The spring issue features the ever trending watercolor technique.  I began by using some Gelato markers that somewhat matched the colour scheme over at the ColourQ blog.  I simply cut a small chunk off onto my craft mat, spritzed some water onto it then used a paintbrush to apply onto my watercolour paper mat. While that was drying I pulled out some Coastal Cabana, Primrose Petals and Calypso Coral paper, embossed and die cut flowers from the Secret Garden set.  Once dried, I adhered the die cut flowers, leaf punches, some Gold washi tape, a small Coastal Cabana strip, a stamped sentiment and sequins onto the watercolour mat and adhered the whole thing onto a thick white paper card base.



Inspiration Photo

Thanks for dropping!  Please feel free to leave a comment. =)  

If you have any questions regarding Stampin’ Up! products, please visit my SU! 24/7 Online Store, or send me am email at papercaketrail@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Alyson, love the background you created for your flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

See With Your Heart Mixed Media Canvas and Sheet

Today's Projects were made using a 5 x 7 Canvas, 4x6 piece of Watercolour paper, Gelatos, Oil Pastels, Acrylic Paint, Black Sharpie, Di...