Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SQSC 37


Good morning, friends!  I'm still fighting off this ridiculous cold.  I'm leaving for Europe soon, so, I guess it's better now than while I'm away.  Today the weather is gloomy, so off to the craft room I go!





Today's card is inspired by the layout over at the Stampin Queens Sketch Challenge blog.  I have so many scraps of paper laying around and this was the perfect opportunity to use some of it.  I began with a Very Vanilla cardstock base.  The first layer is a piece of really pretty patterned paper, the second layer is also Very Vanilla.  For this layer I ran it through my Big Shot using a large polka dot embossing plate, then used my round scallop punch.  I inked the edges on this layer to give it a softer touch.  To finish this pretty card off, I added a paper butterfly with rhinestone, Pink buttons, a 'Thank You' sentiment and twine.

Thank You for stopping by!

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Alyson, I hope that you feel better before your journey to Europe.
    And your card is wonderful! I'm a big fan of using what you have, and scraps are wonderful! and so is your card! I just love how you punched the card stock to reveal both the pattern paper and give your butterfly a spot to sit.
    thank you for playing along with us SQSC

    ReplyDelete

See With Your Heart Mixed Media Canvas and Sheet

Today's Projects were made using a 5 x 7 Canvas, 4x6 piece of Watercolour paper, Gelatos, Oil Pastels, Acrylic Paint, Black Sharpie, Di...